About the course
CAESAR II is a software package for piping flexibility analysis with automated code compliance checks. It is easy to use and includes several advanced modules for specialized problems. CAESAR II can nowadays be seen as the “bread and butter” of any pipe stress engineer. This course is not only useful for beginning stress engineers, but can also provide valuable knowledge for those who need to be able to interpret pipe stress results such as supervisors and technicians. The aim of our course is therefore not only to become familiar with the basic use of CAESAR II but also to create an engineering understanding of the stress results.
The course is given by one of the experienced engineers from DRG who regularly use CAESAR II for their consultancy assignments. The course incorporates several real-life examples and our experience at DRG can serve to initiate discussions about different solution methods for stress problems taking into account all engineering aspects, both theoretical as practical.
This training is organized in cooperation with Hexagon PPM. The training will be presented by DRG at the DRG office, but the administration process will be handled by Hexagon PPM.
“To create an engineering understanding of the stress results using Caesar II”
Program & Details
- Understanding of computerized pipe stress analysis
- Modeling and analysis of common piping systems
- Investigating re-designs to solve stress problems and overloading of nozzles
- Pipe stress analysis of specialized problems (e.g. fiberglass, buried piping)
- Use of the advanced modules in the program
- Those designing piping systems for code compliance
- Those with no or limited experience with the use of CAESAR II
- Gaining insight into the engineering theory of a pipe stress analysis
- Gaining insight into the full capability of CAESAR II as a pipe stress software package
Prerequisites and level
A basic engineering background is preferred.
Not sure? Please contact us.
Starts December 12, 2022
Selected course format
Face-to-face with instructors
On-site or in Rijswijk
Printed course materials