BOSfluids 5.5 released
DRG is pleased to announce the next release of BOSfluids, version 5.5.
BOSfluids is our powerful fluid dynamic simulation tool used to prevent pipe failures caused by waterhammer and surge pressure events. The new BOSfluids provides many new features and improvements that are aimed at making BOSfluids an even more effective waterhammer and surge analysis tool.
The new release is the result of a constant development of our software based on the input of our customers and our own engineers (surge analysis service). Therefore, the new features are focused on reducing modelling time, improving ease-of-use and improved accuracy. We believe that the new improvements significantly add to the value of the software for our customers.
New features include:
- Improved pump model
- Support for defining pump curves with more than three points.
- Support for specifying a rated flow rate for each pump curve.
- Improved accuracy of fluid properties
- Fluid properties can be defined as temperature.
- Gas properties can be defined using the procedure described in the AGA Report No. 8, Part 1 (2017 version).
- Improved mechanical response coupling
- Unbalanced loads exported specifically for easy use with AutoPipe.
- Improved export features for exporting dynamic loads to CAESAR II.
- General reduction in modelling effort and improved accuracy
- Undo/redo functionality.
- Automatic generation of Bill of Quantity.
- Full support for input and notation in feet-inch units.
To learn more about all the new BOSfluids features please consult the BOSfluids Release page.
DRG is hosting a free webinar demonstrating the new features in BOSfluids on 5 September at 4 pm CEST. To join the webinar please register here.
We still have some places available for the “Surge Analysis using BOSfluids Training Course”. This 2-day training course treats various aspects of pulsation analyses in general and using features of the BOSpulse software specifically. The course will be held at the 2nd and 3rd of October. To register please click here.
Interested or need more information? Please visit www.bosfluids.com